We love to be on Anna Maria Island, every time we pass the Manatee bridge to AMI, our pulse rates slow down.
You might not have the same experience if you belong to the below categories:
- People with fast cars, that love showing off and doing burn-outs by the traffic lights. This place has 15-30 mph speed limits and it’s enforced! Besides, they might mistake the golf carts for speed bumps.
- Surf dudes have more luck if they stay on the east coast. This coast is more paddle board than surf board, if you get the drift 🙂
- “My kids only eat BigMacs and Pizza Hut’s pan pizzas” Sorry, we have great burger joints and pizzerias on AMI, but no chain food restaurants. (Ok, so I lied, there’s one, a Subway in Holmes Beach, how did it ever get there?)
- If you enjoy drinking, dancing and partying until the sun goes up, rent somewhere else. This island is usually quiet by 10 PM…. and that’s the way we like it!
- “My name is Rex, and I love to fetch the balls that my master throws in the water”. Sorry Rex, tell your master that dogs aren’t allowed on any of the beaches on Anna Maria Island.
Of course you can always do excursions from the island to do the mentioned things (but it would be a bit of a commute to surf…)